2.1 Characterisation of Dynamic Systems
In the book, we give a classification of systems and systems models (see Fig. 2.4). Consider the following five systems and classify each of them according to the given classification?
- The output of a manual clock that only shows minutes.
- The speed of Usain Bolt while he is running the 100 meters.
- The process of getting a ticket and paying for it at a ticket vending machine.
- A database which represents the teachers, students and courses in a school.
- The business process describing a company’s activities. These involve the independent processes “ship products” and “send invoice letters”.